TiVo is looking for an experienced senior software engineer to work at TiVo's headquarters in Alviso , CA . The job consists of developing TiVo desktop software on the Mac platform.
* 5+ years software development on the Mac.
* Experience with Macintosh programming on OS X is required. Windows and/or Linux programming experience is desired.
* Proficiency in C++ and Java is required. Experience with Objective C is also highly desirable.
* Object-oriented design skills and robust coding practices are required.
* Must demonstrate the ability to develop complex applications leveraging newly written software with existing legacy code and libraries.
* The ability to work at both design and implementation levels is required.
* Excellent communication skills.
* The ability to work in a cross-platform development environment.
* BA/MA Math/CS or equivalent experience.
* Experience with the Xcode development environment.
* Experience implementing robust communications software.
* Experience with component-based architectures.
* Experience with DRM or encryption/decryption software.
Looks like a sign TiVo is getting serious about mac software support. My OS X TiVo software wishlist would include TiVo ToGo, playback of purchased AAC files in the Home Media Option, and porting of the Home Media Engine software into a mac client (it's all java, it should work).